It’s time to rethink our notion of national security. We must end the Permanent War Economy that has been in place for more than 70 years and replace it with a Peace Economy that can bring real security by addressing the serious challenges we face today. Steps to take include, but are not limited to:
· End the endless wars overseas; these interventions are not making us secure. Rather, they are making more enemies while weakening our economy.
· Invest in our people, including quality education and preventive health care for all.
· Cut excessive military spending; our military should be designed for defending our nation, not policing the world.
· Invest in infrastructure; meet our needs while creating good jobs.
· Negotiate mutual, verifiable nuclear weapons disarmament.
· Address climate change, a very real and significant threat to our security.
We will be expanding upon this, sharing more information and ideas in the months ahead. We also invite the opportunity to share our concerns with your civic group, house of worship or class. Please contact us at 573-875-0539 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to arrange a presentation.